Red Beans & Rice with Andouille Sausage
SUPER easy & delicious, comes together in a half hour!
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 Tbs oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbs cajun spice mix (or more to taste)
- ½ lb (2 links) CVSF Andouille Sausage
- 2 cans creole style red beans (can sub. unseasoned red beans)
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- ~3 cups cooked rice
- First, get your rice started. I use about 1½ cups of rice and 2 cups of water in my rice cooker.
- Heat oil over medium heat then add onions.
- Saute until onions are getting soft.
- Add seasonings and sausages, sliced into small rounds.
- Cook until sausage begins to brown, then add beans and tomato sauce.
- Simmer about 10 minutes (or until your rice is ready).