This is a family favorite. Using bulk sausage means we can get 5-6 hoagies out of a pound of sausage versus four when we us links.
- 2 T Olive oil
- 2-3 Yellow onions, sliced
- 2-3 Sweet peppers (any color), sliced
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, pressed
- 1 lb Italian sausage (bulk)
- ½ C beer or red wine
- 6 Hoagie rolls (I prefer crusty Italian style)
- Heat a swirl of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onions and peppers and saute until they begin to soften.
- Stir in garlic and pinch the sausage into bite sized pieces as you add it to the pan.
- Cook until sausage is browned.
- Pour beer or wine into hot pan to deglaze.
- Toast rolls under the broiler.
- Fill with sausage mixture and serve.