If you have a favorite stuffed green pepper recipe use that but substitute the poblano peppers & choriso for a new twist! Thanks to member Charlie Trimarco for the great idea!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 3 poblano peppers, slice off tops and remove seeds
- 1 choriso sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place green bell peppers in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove peppers from the water and set aside in a baking dish.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown the choriso. Mix in onion, cooked rice, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour in tomato sauce and mix thoroughly. Let simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the meat mixture into each pepper. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until mixture begins to turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of each stuffed pepper. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is lightly browned, about 5 to 10 minutes.