Tomato Toasts with Ricotta & Bacon
- Tomato Topping
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 dry thyme
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt & pepper
- The Ricotta
- 2 cup ricotta
- 1½ tsp dry basil
- 1½ tsp dry thyme
- 1½ tsp dry chives
- ¼ pound bacon, chopped
- 12 slices crust bread (1/2 inch slices)
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add tomatoes, garlic, herbs and salt & pepper. Saute on medium-low heat until tomatoes begin to soften (about 5-7 minutes).
- In a small skillet, fry bacon.
- While tomatoes cook mix ricotta with herbs.
- Brush both sides of bread with additional olive oil and place on cookie sheet. Broil one side for about 2 minutes, until it begins to brown. Remove from oven and flip.
- Top each toast with ricotta, then tomato mixture. Return to broiler for about 2 minutes longer.
- Garnish with bacon and serve.