Crispy Roasted Pork Belly
- 1 lb Fresh Pork Side
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Kosher Salt
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Small Orange
- Pat pork dry. (You may want to leave it uncovered in the refrigerator prior to roasting, the less moisture the crispier the final product.)
- Score the skin (fat) side of the meat thoroughly. (1" long cuts, through the fat layer.)
- Rub with the olive oil, then massage the salt into the scored side.
- Roast in 350 degree oven for 1½ hours, skin side down.
- Slice onion and orange into thin rounds.
- Remove from oven and move pork to the side of your baking pan.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Arrange onion and orange in the roasting pan and put pork skin side up on top.
- Roast for an additional 30 minutes.
Serve on warm flour tortillas with a sweet coleslaw and spicy guacamole.